Drawn and etched by J.M.W. Turner, engraved by Henry Dawe. From the 'Liber Studiorum'. Printed on wove paper.
The plate was bought by 'Pearson' at the Turner sale, in 1873, and an edition, on smooth modern paper, was printed soon after. Only four contemporary impressions are known, three in the Museum of Fine Art Boston and one in the British Museum.
Ruskin regarded this etching as the finest in the 'Liber Studiorum'.